Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Deliciousness

For as long as I can remember, my mom made pumpkin pie every October General Conference. Since we now live outside of Utah, I decided that it was my turn to carry on the tradition. It was my very first time making homemade pie crust and the pumpkin pie filling! I don't know that it tasted as good as my mom's pumpkin pie, but it was pretty tasty. My next goal: make the pie crust look pretty! That's going to take some practice, I'm afraid.

And now to the tastiest item on the conference menu... little Miss Ruby! Today she sported some of her fall clothes complete with my new favorite baby item: Baby Legs. They are fabulous! Baby leg warmers that act as tights but make diaper changing a breeze. And for some reason they look so much cuter than regular tights. All of you out there with baby girls must purchase a pair.

As much as I LOVE pumpkin pie, I must say that this little girl is dessert enough for me! (Notice tooth #2?)

8 comments:

J said...

I couldn't agree more that she is a little snack! Darrel and I both think that she is Ruby is beautiful, youre not just biased. As for DWTS. I couldn't agree more. Ugh, get Kim and Cloris OUT! I love this show, but I am starting to get a little bored with it. I watch it on the internet the next day so I can skip all the jibbber jabber.

Lindsey from The R House said...

just stop it with those tights. you are killing me.

M-Ware said...

i didn't know punkin pie was a rita mae tradish. that is awesome. and your pies are totally impressive. really. i have tried pie crust twice and promptly gave up. mine were gross. share your secrets.

House of Hullinger said...

About the pies, Cover the crust with tin foil when they are a pretty golden brown. The little Ruby is just the cutest little chicken nugget ever. I haven't seen her yet and she is so beautiful and she looks like she has a lovely personality. Congrats on making good looking kids its a tuff job. Ha! I am sure you are a great mama.

Sterling said...

you have an adorable little girl. Aren't girls so fun? My little girl definitely has me wrapped around her tiny fingers but hey that is perfectly fine. Hope things are going great!!

Heather E. said...

there's nothing like living outside of utah to force you to tap into your domesticity. ruby is delicious.

The Harris's said...

I am super impressed with your baking skills you know you have to give some credit to MISS. B. Ruby is getting so big Kadee skill does not have any teeth. You are going to be jealous we are going to FILLMORE this weekend

mghigbee said...

Okay the pie crust in the background is STEE-rugglin'. Props for carrying on the tradish (hey did you know Rachel Ray has a new dog food called nutrish? not that that has anything to do with your pies--I'm sure they were fab, but it rhymes)