Monday, January 19, 2009

The NEW Rules...


I'm reading a Marketing/PR book called "The New Rules of Marketing & PR" by David Meerman Scott and it is fascinating thus far. I highly recommend it. Having graduated in Marketing & Advertising going on 4 years ago, I realized I'm a little rusty as to new technology and positioning. Since I've been dubbed the Marketing Director for Full Throttle Recreation Club (by The Boss himself), I thought I should get cracking.

This book has been extremely insightful to me since the used-to-be-mainstream forms of advertising just don't work for a lot of businesses, like us. I'm talking about TV, radio, magazines, newspaper, billboards... even online ads. The web has changed everything. I just never realized how powerful it really is to reach your target. Already I've come up with a lot of new ideas on how to more effectively market Full Throttle without spending any $ at all-- and I'm still in the first half of the book! The book focuses on using news releases, blogs, web content, etc. to reach your buyer directly. I highly recommend it!

(Check out Full Throttle's Blog here and Full Throttle's website here. We would LOVE any feedback you have for us, so check it out!)

6 comments:

M-Ware said...

hey, we just got your christmas card and letter. so cool that you are the designated marketing director. what a fun chance to get creative and make connections. the blog and website look really nice. i'm especially impressed with the website. my latest foray into the online marketing world is twitter. you should log on and try it out. not sure if your audience would be on there, but might as well check to see.

Simply, Sarah said...

Hey Carrie! The Davenport Hotel in Spokane has a Google search done each day, so when anyone mentions the hotel in their blog, the marketing director there can check it out, make sure it's legit, and can see what the word is.
When I mentioned their hotel in my blog from when I was in Spokane with the baby, the marketing director sent me the hotel's official turndown candy with the hotel car and driver.
Long story a little shorter--you can have Google notify you when Full Throttle is mentioned anywhere on its pages.

David Meerman Scott said...

Hey, thanks for writing about my book. I really appreciate it.

Annette said...

So fun to keep up with the family through your blog. Gary will be interested to go to these websites, and I love hearing about what is going on in your life (and looking at that adorable Ruby). Love to you all.

Mark and Kristen said...

Mark teaches classes at the DATC (local community college) on internet marketing. He says if you need any help to let him know. That's his whole job.

M-Ware said...

Hey, the DMS HIMSELF makes an appearance! That would be evidence of his google alerts in action.